star_3In this week’s episode I share with you a question from a Belgian viewer who is considering a merger opportunity, I have a killer resource that will teach you everything you need to know about using social media tools like facebook twitter, blogging, etc.  And I’m going to share with you one of the worst things you can do at your gym…and I know almost all of you do it.

Websites and Resources Mentioned in the Show:

—————————-

ANNOUNCEMENT:  First off, you are doing yourself an injustice for not leaving a comment on the show.  Every time you do, that gives you an inbound link to your website…which GOOGLE LOVES!  So far this is episode 26.  You could make a comment on all 26 shows and have 26 inbound links coming to your site!!!  That is huge!  Especially since we now have over 2,000 visits to this website EACH WEEK!   Google gives more weight to YOUR website when a high traffic website is linking to it.  So do yourself a favor, even if you don’t have time to watch the entire episode.  MAKE SURE YOU LEAVE  A COMMENT EACH WEEK!  It is the absolute easiest way you can take action once a week.

Corporate chains are killing the small guy…or so it seems.  In my world it’s the independents that are kicking ass.  But one of our Belgian viewers has a unique opportunity to join an organization that is trying to gain some economy of scale to compete with some of these larger chains across the pond.

You know it and I know it, social media tools like facebook, twitter, blogging, and others are here to stay.  Not only are they here to stay, but your clients and members are using them…AND Google is paying attention to all of them!  This week’s killer resource offers a nice little tool to help you dominate the social media networks in your community.

So your treadmill is out of order.  Hey, it happens.  But don’t you dare hang an Out of Order sign on it.  This is one of the worst things you can do, and I present three alternatives to keep you from making this mistake.

As always your thoughts are appreciated. Please leave a comment below that will benefit the other viewers AND will get you noticed by Google. Enjoy the show!

problems_viewing_the_show

I can’t find the remote,
Curtis Mock and Fitness Business Television on iTunes iphone2

Health Club Marketing Extraordinaire ;)

1. Curtis Mock

Hey Everyone. It’s our half anniversary. You’ve had 6 months to experience MY vision for Fitness Business Television. Now I want to know YOUR vision for it. What do you like, what don’t you like? If you have lots of brutal things to say, help me save face and simply click the “Ask Curtis” tab above so you can really vent 🙂

Hopefully everyone enjoys the information I’m providing. This is a very time-consuming project each week, but I feel it’s the best way to share my knowledge with you and allow you to get to know me better. I hope you’re happy with the show…but I want you to be THRILLED with the show. So please tell me what you like and don’t like below so I can make it even better for you!

Curtis

2. Frank says:

Happy Anniversary! Nice sign idea! I suggest clubs invest in a lamination machine which you can get on the cheap these days. It’s amazing how much more professional shiny plastic makes messages appear. Whether you place on a machine or you are promoting something. It’s pretty tacky to have 100 pieces of paper taped all over the walls for every announcement or event in you are highlighting.

3. ken says:

Hey Curt,

The video cuts off as soon as it starts.

Anyone else having this problem,
    I never had it before.

• Curtis Mock

Hey Ken, Not sure why you’d be having the problem. Let me know if it continues…

• Nate says:

It has been happening to me as well.

The only way around it is to click on the video menu bar to forward or rewind the video.

I click there and it will start over and play correctly.

4. Karen says:

Curtis,
    Happy half anniversary….what you need is…”the perfect cheer”. Hopefully you know the SNL skit that’s from 🙂
    I love the signs for the broken equipment.
    Karen
    AFC Michigan

5. Nico says:

Hi Curtis,

Thanks for taken my question. Your answer confirmed what I was thinging.
    Any way I’m looking forward to recieve your bonus.

Nico from Belgium

ps BTW, love your show!

• Titia says:

What a plueasre to meet someone who thinks so clearly

6. Curtis,
    I really enjoy the show! It is always very informative and helpful. My favorite section of the show is the “think outside the box”. It always give me good ideas.

Thanks,
    Glenn

7. Jake
    Jake says:

Curtis,Honestly I wouldn’t change anything. 12 minutes is fine, 30 minutes would be fine. It amazes me that people think they can’t find those minutes in a day, but if they do what you tell them to do, their business will run smoother and they will have the time. It’s all about investing the time and sometimes money into improvements.

Does the chicken or the egg come first? Do they watch the show and buy your stuff to get better, or do they try to get better to free up time and money to watch the show and buy stuff. Anyone that tries the latter is going to be waiting a long time. It’s kind of like “I’m going to wait until I get in shape to join a gym”. What?! Come on, get real.

Anyway, a little off topic, but don’t change anything please. I really really enjoy this blog a lot.

8. Karen says:

excellent tip for out of order equipment. Gave it to my fitness Director immediately.

9. Hey there! I came across your blog while I was researching several health and wellness related terms in google earlier today. Once I ended up here I stuck about a while to browse one or two articles… quality stuff. I’ll be sure that I get about once again some time within the next few weeks. Go Argentina!! World Cup 2010!

10. Matt says:

My comments keep disappearing …. Darn iPad!

Keep it up Curtis. Here is to the 2nd hall anniversary!

11. hi curtis – great work and such an innovative idea – i will be listening every week from down under Sydney Australia
    dean

12. Sheriff says:

One of your best shows yet Curtis. Thanks for the great idea for out of commission equipment.

13. Curtis,
    Andrew Lock sent me over here and I’m amazed at how good you are at it after only 26 shows!

Love the “out of order signs”… No one wins against Chuck Norris.

14. bernd says:

Nice Idea for a show but: 1.) you are talking way to slow for a webshow and there is NO CONTENT in this show, it is a full, so I see no real value to wach the show, sorry man, put some more value in it and less advertising.

• Curtis Mock

Hey Bernd,
      Sorry you feel that way. I appreciate the comments!

15. Tool Time helped introduce Pamela Anderson to the world. So how about introducing a hot side-kick for a minute or 2 segment?

Perhaps also create a YouTube channel (I didn’t check if you have one already), and ask your viewers to upload their questions via video in short clips… then use those clips into your produced video on this site.

• Curtis Mock

Haha, hmmmm… I don’t know if I have the same reach as Tim the Toolman, but the idea of a Pamela Anderson type joining me is one of the best ideas I’ve heard lol.

We’ve started a YouTube channel, but YouTube won’t allow the bandwidth necessary for a full show, so we’ll be cutting it off around 8 minutes and directing people back to the website.

Thanks for the advice!

16. Remember to put a sign on the toilet that says “I had too much to eat, had trouble swallerin'”

haha good show!!

17. i can relate to some of the facts in this page. Also can you fix the images because they seem to be broken!

18. i can relate to some of the things in this page. Also can you check the pix because they seem to be not working!

19. Curtis,

I was traveling so I missed the show while I was in the middle of now where in Mississippi. So, I hate that I missed your half year anniversary. Happy Anniversary anyway. Congrats on the show.

It is really nice to know that there is someone who takes so much time to make the industry profit for so many people.

The out of order sign idea was great. I will have to use that for sure.

Can’t wait to see the next 26 shows. 🙂

20. Nate says:

Keep doing what you’re doing! The show is great and offers good tips and info all the time.

Thanks for the info on the virtual assistant program. That’s also an interest of mine and could come in handy by using this 5-week course!

Nate

21. Not sure why the problem is happen but its happening to me as well.

Thank you for the great tip of commission equipment.

22. Annie says:

1) I love hearing that you have reached the mark of longer commitment to the show than any girlfriend… good one!
    2) nice signs… I’m gonna use that

23. Thanks pertaining to taking turns the following excellent subject matter on your website. I came across it on the internet. I will check to come back when you publish much more articles.

24. You actually make it appear really easy together with your presentation however I to find
    this matter to be actually something which I feel I’d never understand.
    It seems too complicated and very wide for me.
    I’m looking ahead for your subsequent submit, I’ll attempt to get
    the hold of it!

25. dog says:

I pay a visit daily some web pages and blogs to read articles, but this weblog presents quality based content.

26. Hello, Community!

The Company – PerfectVPN . Com

Anonymous Internet Surfing, Anonymous File Sharing Torrent-P2P, Amonymous WiFI.
    Fully Automatic and Anonymous VPN Service NO Logs , You don’t have to waste time on:

1 – Access to all servers for just 9 EURO.
    DoubleVPN, OPENVPN and PPTP / L2TP / IpSec VPN – Access to 40 Servers in 29 Countries!
    Subscribe to All Servers of Our Service for 9 Euro Month; 3 months = 20 Euro; 6 months = 35 Euro; 1 year = 55 Euro.
    Types of VPN connections included in a single subscription – DoubleVPN and OpenVPN.
    The Speed Of All Our Servers OpenVPN = 1000 M.Bit / Unlimited Traffic !!!

2 – Unique “VPN Client” is easy to install on All Kinds of Operating Systems: MAC / Windows / Linux / Android !!!
    Will allow you to switch easily between the VPN servers in:

Spain
    Switzerland
    Sweden
    England
    Vietnam
    Australia
    In the near future our service will be available in Spain, Greece, Sweden, Mexico, Czech Republic, Poland, China, Belgium …
    ——–

3 – The program features an easy configuration of a VPN connection to your Internet:
    – Automatically Block Internet Connection when Disconnected from a VPN.
    – Automatic connection to the VPN when you turn on the Internet.

4 – Also,our Service has a unique N-tier, Partnership Program:
    You will get 30% of total payments of your customers!

5 – Company Takes All Kinds Of Payments in Full Auto Mode!
    WebMoney / Visa / Master Card / PayPal / Perfect Money / BitCoin / SMS and many others.

Our Anonymous VPN Service Is Here!

PerfectVPN . Com

Disguise Your Internet Connect!

ICQ : 6850058
    Skype : In-Disguise-VPN

Sincerely, Your Anonymous VPN Service : PerfectVPN . Com

27. Good post. I learn something new and challenging on blogs I stumbleupon every day. It’s always helpful to read articles from other authors and practice something from other web sites. apps to hack wifi

28. Hello, Community!

The Company – PerfectVPN . Com

Anonymous Internet Surfing, Anonymous File Sharing Torrent-P2P, Amonymous WiFI.

1 – Access to all servers for just 9 EURO.
    The Speed Of All Our Servers OpenVPN = 1000 M.Bit / Unlimited Traffic !!!

Will allow you to switch easily between the VPN servers in:

Switzerland
    Sweden
    England
    Vietnam
    Australia
    ——–

– Automatically Block Internet Connection when Disconnected from a VPN.
    – Automatic connection to the VPN when you turn on the Internet.

4 – Also,our Service has a unique N-tier, Partnership Program:
    You will get 30% of total payments of your customers!

5 – Company Takes All Kinds Of Payments in Full Auto Mode!

Our Anonymous VPN Service Is Here!

PerfectVPN . Com

Disguise Your Internet Connect!

ICQ : 6850058
    Skype : In-Disguise-VPN

Sincerely, Your Anonymous VPN Service : PerfectVPN . Com

29. Choices include moisturizers, face and physique tightening merchandise,
    pure breast enhancer, face lotions, cellulite creams, spider veins.
    Taking into account an elective procedure including
    breast medical procedures, events like death and
    coma are uncommon nevertheless they do still occur. And for just 30 bucks,
    I could also have the same results she did.

30. When I initially commented I seem to have clicked the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and now every time a comment is added I recieve 4 emails with the exact same comment.
    Is there a way you are able to remove me from that
    service? Cheers!

31. 1 billion J2ME boom beach hack version enabled mobile phone is not a lifestyle
    that you can see the world of products, such as a computer case.

These tasks are extremely advanced today. How can you enjoy the play style,
    but not in the game to be able to live happily.

32. The radial ones (normal capacitors, LEDs, ICs, etc.
    Aside from changing the BIOS to speed up boot time
    you can also choose the exact settings for your hard drive, and disable AUTO DETECT of hard drives as well as other media.

Therefore re-engineering of most components used in electronic assemblies
    is often required.

33. What’s up, yeah this piece of writing is genuinely pleasant and I have learned lot of things from it about blogging.

thanks.