star_3In this week’s episode I share with you a special tribute to #23 Michael Jordan!  I also discuss whether offering a satisfaction guarantee is a good idea, I’ve got a Killer Resource where you can buy thousands of random services for $5… I’m completely addicted to it now.  And I’m going to discuss with you my most effective closing strategy that allowed me to sell 2-3 times more memberships than any other salesperson back in the day.

Websites and Resources Mentioned in the Show:

Link to Downloadable Prequalification Form

—————————-

A special tribute to his Airness, Michael Air Jordan.  Love that man.

Satisfaction guarantees and especially money back guarantees on health club memberships or personal training clients can be a little unnerving for many fitness business owners.  But it shouldn’t be.  I explain why the positives of this system far outweigh the negatives.

One of the coolest Killer Resources ever.  What are people willing to do for $5.  Crazy stuff, business stuff, it will blow your mind how many cool things a cool Lincoln will buy you.

How do I sell so many health club memberships?  Easy.  Want to know how easy?  Watch the show.  You can thank me later.

As always your thoughts are appreciated. Please leave a comment below that will benefit the other viewers AND will get you noticed by Google. Enjoy the show!

problems_viewing_the_show

Michael Jordan is the man,
Curtis Mock and Fitness Business Television on iTunes iphone2

Health Club Marketing Extraordinaire ;)

1. Curtis, my favorite # is also 23 not because of Jordan though. It is because it was my fathers football number. He is my hero. He spent 30 years in the Marine Corps and gave a huge part of his life to protect the freedom so many take for granted. He was not around for most of my life and I never understood why till I got older and then I realized just how important his job was for our country. I am very proud to have him as my father and he is my hero.

My favorite sports star is Joe Montana. The best quarterback to play football. 🙂

I can’t wait to try fiverr.com.

Another great show. 🙂

2. Thank you Curtis for the incredible killer resource. Also I like the Pre Qalification examples you gave us. I do those however, I loved the way you ask about how much money the spend on food and drinks and would you be willing to cut back on that? Love the Thinking about it too with the 30 day Quarantee. I just love your tips and your enthusiasm for helping us. May you be blessed over and over for all you do for us out here.

Oh yea by the way I ordered the plastice gift cards and I will start implementig your idea on those as soon as I get them.

Shelia Hall
    Houston, TX

3. Great show Curtis. I really like the advice re the pre qualification form. Also the very act of having someone put pen to paper reinforces the belief in themselves that they need to get fit, almost like a contract to themselves. Very few gyms here in Ireland use them. Thanks for sharing 🙂

4. Question on the prequalification form. What do you say or use when a prospective client says that he is shopping gyms and wants to check out some other gyms in the area. How do you get them to sign with you before they leave your facility?

5. Ron
    Ron says:

My dad is my hero too, still to this day even though he died nearly 20 years ago. Thanks for sharing.

6. Tim,

It is not uncommon for buyers to want to research their options before making a purchase. Honestly, I don’t discourage members from shopping if I know I have a superior USP….you should know important that is from Curtis. Often times I would even have the prices structure and other incentives of my competitors at my club so that the member can compare.

However, If you really want to close the sale then and there I recommend two quick solutions:

1. A SOLID first visit incentive, “if you join today you get X, Y and Z…”

2. A 100% money back guarantee period, “join today and if you are not completely satisfied withing the next 7 days or you find another facility that better suits your needs I will issue you a 100% refund, no questions asked”

Chances are once the commit to you they will not take the time to look at other clubs.

Hope this helps.

-Chris Batchelor

PS: Great show this week Curtis!

7. Frank Emanuel says:

Tim,
    While Chris B. stole my thunder with his spot on answer I would like to add one thing.
    Make sure any member on a 7 day trial is serviced to the nth degree. Get them with a trainer who takes them through a great workout or 2 or 3 to make sure they are coming in during their trial and using it not some cookie-cutter 1 time walk around they get at most other club. Plus they may not have time to check out the competition if they have an appointment with you. ( But thats just cheating)
    Anyway, try to engage them in classes or other programs you offer since involved members are often more satisfied and become longer term.

For an out of the box approach keep a list of members looking for workout partners. When someone joins but is iffy hook them up with a workout buddy and they can keep each other motivated as well as start a friendship which makes it harder to quit since they now have too quit on the gym and their new pal.

Regards,
    Frank Emanuel

8. Jessie
    Jessie says:

You’ve created a monster!! I have ordered 8 things on fiverr so far lol. I almost hate that its only $5 because it feels like I can just buy everything! Oh boy.

9. The form you created is a perfect way to overcome the “I got to think about it” and the “I have to ask my wife” objection.

-Andre

10. Jeremiah
    Jeremiah says:

Good job Curtis. I’ve been subscribed for the past three weeks and I really like what you’re doing. I sent you a private message about becoming a sponsor for the show. Get back to me when you can.

11. Matt says:

Fiverr is one helleva killer resourse.

12. I’ve been offering a 30 Day Money Back Guarantee for over a year now and have never had to give a refund.

It is a tremendous tool for knocking down barriers that prospects want to build.

A guarantee is probably my strongest sales tool

13. Nate says:

Double Your Money Back Guarantee????? THAT’S CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But I plan on offering that in the near future – I am getting some things in place and am in the process of trying to get a facility so I can grow the business.

Right now, I offer two-week free trials and if they join before the two-week trial is over and make their first month’s payment, I give them the rest of the current month for free!

So far, everyone has joined if they participated in a two-week free trial.

I’m digging this Fiverr site. I found a few things that could definitely be worth the $5!

Nate

14. Love the prequalification form! Thanks for another great episode.

15. Shaun
    Shaun says:

Just watched all of the episodes again. Yes, it’s a rainy boring day here and I had nothing better to do. But I wanted to comment on this one since you had a shout out to Michael Jordan. He was my hero growing up too. I don’t care what today’s fans say, no Kobe, no Lebron, No one…will ever be able to do what Michael Jordan did on the court. He was amazing and I feel blessed that I was able to watch him play throughout his career. Okay, four more episodes to go!

16. A.J. says:

Donnie baseball is the best #23 ever!! End of story, not up for debate. MJ may have won many more titles, But Donnnie baseball is the far superior nickname to just initials of your first and last name. To hear 50,000 strong yankee fans cheering Donnie baseball over and over again is something to behold

17. I do not even know the way I ended up right here, but I thought this submit used to be good.

I do not recognize who you might be however certainly you’re going to a famous blogger
    should you aren’t already. Cheers!

18. Woah! I’m really digging the template/theme of this blog.

It’s simple, yet effective. A lot of times it’s challenging to get that “perfect balance”
    between user friendliness and visual appeal. I must say that you’ve done a amazing job with this.
    Additionally, the blog loads very fast for me on Opera.
    Outstanding Blog!

19. Perhaps you have considered creating an ebook or guest authoring on other websites?
    I have a blog based upon on the very same ideas you discuss and would love to get
    you share some stories/information. I realize my
    audience would enjoy your projects. If you will be even remotely interested,
    feel free to shoot me an email.