star_3In this week’s episode I share with you a question with you how you can strike up conversation about your gym with a total stranger, I’ve got a killer resource that happens to be my favorite website to find out what marketing strategies are working in other industries, and I’m going to give you an insider peek into one of my old Master Appointment Books, to show you how I never let a potential sale slip through the cracks.

Websites and Resources Mentioned in the Show:

—————————-

ANNOUNCEMENT:  First off, you are doing yourself an injustice for not leaving a comment on the show.  Every time you do, that gives you an inbound link to your website…which GOOGLE LOVES!  So far this is episode 27.  You could make a comment on all 26 shows and have 27 inbound links coming to your site!!!  That is huge!  Especially since we now have over 2,000 visits to this website EACH WEEK!   Google gives more weight to YOUR website when a high traffic website is linking to it.  So do yourself a favor, even if you don’t have time to watch the entire episode.  MAKE SURE YOU LEAVE  A COMMENT EACH WEEK!  It is the absolute easiest way you can take action once a week.

Have you ever found yourself in a conversation with someone at the grocery store or at the bank or coffee shop and you wish you had a great way to invite them to come try out your fitness business?  It’s not as difficult as you think.  But you must be prepared!

Marketing isn’t about “follow the leader”.  I learned this many years ago as I was competing head to head with a number of health club promotion companies.  Instead you need to learn to look outside our industry for new ideas.  One of my favorite resources for finding out what is working outside the fitness industry is our Killer Resource of the week!

And a special treat!  (You might not think an extra 10 minutes with me is a special treat, but I assure you it is).  I’m letting you peek into one of my old appointment books to see how I NEVER let a prospective member slip through the cracks.  I know you’ll learn a lot from this and I hope you share it with your sales staff.

As always your thoughts are appreciated. Please leave a comment below that will benefit the other viewers AND will get you noticed by Google. Enjoy the show!

problems_viewing_the_show

Brocolli Cheese soup…Yum,
Curtis Mock and Fitness Business Television on iTunes iphone2

Health Club Marketing Extraordinaire ;)

1. Curtis,
    Another great show. Thanks for answering my question. I have many more and will keep you busy.The marketing experiment site is awesome. I love human billboards and JV marketing. It’s been working the best for me. Wish I could have made it to boot camp boot camp. Ironicaly enough we were launching an awesome theme based boot camp at the same time. Go figure. Guess it’s a good thing I am a blueprint member

Thanks again Curtis. Hope you pick my next question.

2. Garrett
    Garrett says:

Curtis,
    You should save the good stuff for those of us who pay you at GymSuccess! The appointment book video was exactly what I need, I just wish you wouldn’t have held out on me lol. Oh well, better late than never. Thanks for everything.

• Curtis Mock

Hey Garrett,
      You know good and well I save my best stuff for you 🙂 Sorry I didn’t create that video sooner for you though. It is the foundation for successful selling, hands down. Don’t forget about the call on Thursday!

Curtis

3. Great episode this week Curtis. A Master Appointment Book is a must have for every fitness business. It’s amazing how many leads are lost because of improper follow up.

I believe our “Complete Prospecting Solution” can be found in Gymsuccess.com. All of your loyal followers can download it and implement an awesome appointment book and follow up system today.

Regards,

Chris Batchelor

4. I agree. This industry is based on appointments. To understand how to utilize them is a big deal. Great show Curtis!

5. C`mon Aussies!… Last year I attended the Health Club Summit in Melbourne Australia. The information and strategies presented by Curtis, Chris and Amanda were brilliant.
    Operating for 18 months and struggling with no direction, we immediately implemented just a few of the strategies which (8 months) later contributed to our club (DJ`s GYM Sth. Melbourne) winning the LES MILLS Australian ‘Club of the Year’.
    We`re still continually improving on how we do things, but I know where to go for new ideas and all the inspiration I need.
    Thanks Curtis

Regards

Darren

6. Great Show!

I believe the appointment book is one biggest indicators on how well your club will do each month. If you have very few appointments for the month, you shouldn’t expect to sell very many memberships that month. It’s a numbers game. More appointments = More Guests = More Sales.

7. Curtis,

Thanks for sharing your appointment book. It really helps to see what other people are doing. I am the worst about keeping in track with all my leads. I will have to get right on the appointment book.

I hate to fight with alexa to watch this show. She wants to watch the show that she was in. She said to say hi to MJ and give him a big hug ffrom her.

We miss you in FL but hope that you are having a great time in Cali.

Keep up the great work. Thanks for sharing all your secrets.

8. Curtis,
    The appointment log is a must have tool, along with guest registers,inquiry logs, lead sheets, and pre-tour questionnaires. In this day and age too many clubs rely on automation and digital tracking while it might be convenient and more GREEN! I’ve found committing names, notes, and comments by hand engages more interaction and therefore more thorough follow up which always leads to more sales. TREES BE DAMNED!!

9. Matt says:

You Curtis – Great video on the appointment book. You have me rethinking are mega sophisticated software and go old school.

More important, anyone who is new to this site, this show and these tips …. REWIND, GO BACK, WATCH EM ALL. MANY RESOURCES TO BE GAINED. YES I AM YELLING!

In the last weeks I have implemented a lot (not anywhere near ALL) of the tips Curtis and his team have shared. Some of the best ones have been low and no cost. I won’t go into giving away any of the mega good stuff because I want you to have to work as hard as I do if you wish to succeed. If you do want to succeed, watch a few episodes. Write down 4-5 things to go do this month. Go do them. Good things happen.

nuff said, I’m out!

10. Nate says:

I like the master appointment list book that you used to keep track of people and stay persistant with potential clients.

Nice job of closing those sales and remaining diligent even after so many months for some of those prospects. I like it and will be implementing this type of system for lead generation!

Good to see you at Bootcamp Bootcamp last month. Great times!

Nate

11. Tom Cepeda says:

Curtis, great show. I started out my follow-up process similar to yours and found that consistent and persistent lead management is the only way to keep the register ringing. We are in the business of building relationships, and part of that is to remember how critical you are for that person’s life. We as fitness professionals must remember that our prospects are ghosts until we can help them make a buying decision that will change their life! You never know what that next follow-up call will lead to. If you’re persistent, it may just be a life you just saved by getting someone started with a fitness routine.

In the spirit of prospecting tips, Paper appointment books are awesome. But, for all you tech junkies, Google Calendar is a great tool to use for this process as well. You can track past dates of contact in the notes section along with conversation notes. You can easily assign an email/pop-up/IM reminder (or all three) regarding the lead so that you will remember to follow up with them, and you can easily change the date if that lead needs to reschedule. I’ve also found that you can make separate calendars and combine them so that you can switch the lead to a “Not Interested” Calendar or to a “Changed LIfe” Calendar (Curtis’ “NI” and “X”). Best part is that google will email you every morning to give you the entire days list. Wait did I say that was the best, you can even view it from anywhere in the world, including your iPhone! Happy prospecting.

• Curtis Mock

Tom,
      Glad to find a fellow Google Freak. My entire life is now integrated with Google and Apple. Granted they may have a standoff in the coming years now that Google is coming out with a tablet reader and they have the Chrome browser and Android phones, I think they’ll always have to play well together.

I love the Google calendar idea. I use the system every day and didn’t realize it had some of the capabilities you described. Thanks for sharing!

Curtis

12. Mat says:

Hi Curtis,

Great to hear you will be heading Down Under soon.

Cheers,
    Mat

13. I am the first time on this site and am really enthusiastic about

and so many good articles. I think it’s just very good.I LOVE THEM.
    I hope that you can publish more articeles

14. Kelly says:

Hi Curtis,
    Loved the show. Question – in the appointment book where there were 19 appointments in one day – What strategy/ies were used to make these 19 appointments?
    Thanks
    Kelly

15. Alan F says:

Hey Curtis – where have you gone?

You don’t write, you don’t video, you don’t blog?

Now I know you’ve moved but that’s no excuse. What’s occuring buddy?

16. Matt says:

You Curtis, you are taking a longer hiatus the Gray’s Anatomy! Wassup?

17. Just starting out and you’ve convinced me to use a log book instead of software. I love your ideas!

18. What i don’t realize is in reality how you’re now not really much more well-preferred than you may be now. You are very intelligent. You understand therefore significantly in relation to this topic, made me individually believe it from numerous numerous angles. Its like women and men are not involved until it is something to accomplish with Girl gaga! Your own stuffs outstanding. Always deal with it up!

19. of course like your web site however you need to take a
    look at the spelling on quite a few of your posts. Many of them
    are rife with spelling problems and I find it very troublesome
    to tell the reality nevertheless I’ll certainly come again again.

20. I was recommended this blog via my cousin. I’m not positive whether this publish is written via him as nobody else
    know such unique about my difficulty. You are amazing!

Thanks!

21. I’m extremely pleased to discover this website. I wanted
    to thank you for your time for this particularly wonderful read!!
    I definitely enjoyed every part of it and i also hasve you bookmarked to look att new stuff oon our
    website.

22. You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation however I in finding this matter to be actually one thing which I
    feel I would never understand. It kind of feels too complex
    and extremely huge for me. I am looking forward on your subsequent post,
    I’ll attempt to get the hold of it!

Get High Quality Geo Targeted Real Human Web Traffic Guaranteed!
    Only at http://www.TRexTrafficBooster.com

23. Whether you’ve got an auto available for sale, are looking for a brand new relationship or
    want to get a new job, there exists a Craigslist category that suits your needs.

24. I visited various sites except the audio feature for audio songs present at this web site is
    actually fabulous.

25. Con el tiempo los electrodomésticos se averían del uso las lavadoras, los frigoríficos, las cocinas, las calderas, termos, calentadores, hornos y vitroceramicas y también los lavavajillas. Entre los electrodomésticos que más se suelen averiar están las lavadoras y las neveras porque tienen partes móviles que incrementa el desgaste del electrodoméstico y lo agiliza, además de tener un uso muy frecuente. LLame a nuestro numero de telefono de atencion inmediata en Humanes de Madrid y acudiran rapidamente a cualquier punto de su ciudad. Hoy en dia es un electrodomestico necesario en nuestros hogares, por lo que debemos mantenerlo en optimas condiciones.